More Testimonials

More Testimonials

Thank you for your interest in what folks have to say about my work!

The first bunch of testimonials is about my work with animals. The second bunch is about my work with humans. And the ones in the final bunch aren’t really testimonials since I’m the one who wrote them. They’re stories, mini case studies, about some interesting sessions.

Thank you for reading. If you have any questions, feel free to Contact Me. 



Rachel, Chicago, IL

Ten years ago my beloved lab/Doberman mix, Diva, was suffering from hip dysplasia.  Diva was 15 years old, and I knew she wasn’t going to live forever.  But I wanted her as comfortable as possible in her last year.  I had spoken with Pam about Diva and how I believed she was in pain.  Pam treated Diva with distance Reiki and with in-person healing [Reiki and Neuromuscular Retraining].  Every time Diva had a healing from Pam, she felt better and it showed in her walk and demeanor.  When Diva’s time came, Pam helped both me and Diva to make that life cycle transition. I would also add that a few years later, I went through a very difficult divorce.  During the very first weeks, I was in a lot of physical pain from the emotional struggle.  Pam did distance Reiki on me and it helped tremendously.  Pam is a true healer of all creatures.


Patric & Lisa, New York City

Thank you for all your work with Lulu. It helped her (and us) tremendously. Lulu passed this morning with both of us holding her. She must have felt the love that surrounded her, as we felt hers. She will be missed! Thank you for everything.


Lisa, Aurora, IL

it was a number of years ago that i first asked pamela sourelis for help with my dog, stosh. he and i had moved a number of times in a single year, and stosh was finding the adjustment to new living spaces difficult. i noticed he was depressed and not acting his usual self. he just didn’t seem to be able to settle into our new apartment and was hiding under the bed for hours every day. pam did a remote session with him one evening, and our life together as pet and owner completely changed. she told me what and how he was feeling about our moving around, and as i spoke to her on the phone [after the session] he sat next to me on the couch watching me intently. pam suggested that i give him some rescue remedy in his water dish, and take some as well. (my little guy stosh is one of the most picky eaters you’ll ever meet.) i took a couple drops of remedy, and then walked to his water dish. i said, “you told pam you’d take some of this as well. here it is.” as soon as i put some drops in his water, he walked right over and drank. i almost fell over on the spot! from that time on, stosh and i have lived together more as inter-species roommates than as “owned” and “owner.” i believed my dog was special from the beginning, it was pam who has helped me see the truth of that in ways i never expected. in the ensuing years, pam has helped us shift some potentially negative behavioral patterns as well as avert health problems with her energy healing. before any big change in stosh’s life, i contact pam and have her fill him in on the details. we’ve moved across the country by car, twice, and he has acted as co-pilot during the moves with no fear or resistance to new experiences or hotel rooms. for a small dog (under 12 pounds) his confidence and friendliness is amazing to most people. i’ve freely recommended her to a number of my friends with pets and the help she’s given them has met with equally positive results. both stosh and i are very thankful to have her as part of our lives!


Merida, Woodstock, IL

I have known Pam for over two years. During this time, Pam has worked with our Boston Terrier as a communicator and she has also provided invaluable support and helped myself, my mother, and my sister as a Reiki healer. I came to know Pam and her animal communication and Reiki work through the recommendation of several professionals in the local community who are involved in wellness work. We adopted a little Boston Terrier, named Georgia Annabella, in July 2004. She had been used for breeding and when she started having false pregnancies she was given up for adoption through the Wisconsin Boston Terrier Rescue. About six months after Georgia came to live with us, it was apparent that she would require surgery on her two back knees. We consulted Pam prior to Georgia’s surgery to help prepare Georgia for yet another life challenge and to also work with her post-operatively. We were so pleased with the work that Pam did in helping Georgia in preparation for her for surgery and through her entire recuperation period. Pam was able to provide us with insights into Georgia’s past experiences and how these affected her life with us. We are grateful for Pam’s help in assisting us to work with Georgia in facing and overcoming both her emotional and physical problems.


Joyce, Lake Forest, IL

When my 18 year-old-cat, Bundy, began suffering from problems of pain and aging, I asked Pam to help her through Reiki. The healing process began with the first session. Pam has conducted several sessions with Bundy and has noticeably improved her quality of life, both physically and emotionally. Bundy loves her sessions. As soon as one is over, she comes to find me to tell me all about it. Shy and sweet-tempered, Bundy has become much more content; so when she started caterwauling at night for no apparent reason, I asked Pam if she would discover the cause. In their next session, Pam learned that Bundy became lonesome for our company in the middle of the night. She just wanted attention and a warm lap. Pam told Bundy that we needed our rest and that she should be still. After that session, the cat stopped yowling, and my husband I began sleeping through the night. Pam’s skill as a Reiki practitioner and animal communicator is helping all of us.


Cheryl, Kirkland, IL

My Welsh pony, Noble, was not only fearful of men and refused to be handled by them, he was also difficult to load into a trailer. To make matters worse, we were continually getting kicked out of boarding barns because he would break through the fences in the middle of the night and be running willy-nilly in the road with his herd buddies. I wanted him to understand that we would run out of places for him to stay if he kept getting kicked out. I was also worried that he would not load onto the trailer because this had always been difficult, and this time, it was going to be a man who was trailering him. A couple days after Pam spoke with Noble, it was time to trailer him. He not only allowed this man to handle him, but he also jumped into the trailer with no hesitation. It has been over 2 years since that date, and Noble hasn’t broken down one fence.

aOn another occasion, I asked Pam to speak with my dog, Sammy, when I was about to take a 10-day vacation. Sammy had always had separation anxiety and I was never able to take a long vacation. At 10 years old, he had never been away from me for more than 2-3 days, and even during that short time I would leave him with my Uncle, who he was familiar with. Even so, he would refuse to eat his food, would frantically pace around the house looking for me, and would lose control of his bowels while I was gone. I was really concerned about the amount of time I was going to be away from him this time, and my Uncle was unavailable to dog-sit during my vacation, so I would have to use a dog sitter that he didn’t know. When Pam spoke with Sam, she explained to him how many days I’d be gone, where he was going, etc. When I took Sammy to the dog sitter, he acted as though he had been there many times before. He laid on the floor and relaxed. When I left, he didn’t get excited, he just watched me drive away from the window. The dog sitter reported that as soon as I was gone, he immediately went back to laying down. I called the dog sitter several times while I was on vacation and she reassured me that he was doing just fine, and eating his food too! When I got home and went to pick Sammy up, he was laying on the porch of the dog sitter’s house. Ordinarily, he would jump up and clobber me, but this time he just wagged his tail and remained calm. He acted as though HE was on vacation! I was amazed at the drastic change in his behavior and the lasting effect of Pam’s work. Sammy hasn’t had separation anxiety ever since Pam talked with him.


Ann, NE

Thank you so very much! I’m excited!! I was hoping he was pleased with his life. I could NOT believe it this morning!!! I looked out early and PJ was running, kicking and playing around like I had never seen him do in 3 yrs!! I’ve rehabbed his hooves as it took quite a long time. His hooves have been beautiful now for several months. But, I believe your Reiki did something great for him—cuz he was acting like he felt like a new horse!! He does have a relatively large dry lot and 24/7 shelter access. I know he likes to trail ride. It doesn’t surprise me about the long ride thing, as he does very well on those and seems to really like them. I think competitive trail riding would be down his alley—and some simple, fun trail riding. Thanks a lot Pam for your assistance…..I think you did help him significantly! (smiles to ya!)


Jody, MI

I had Pam share Reiki and communicate to my dog dying from cancer this past Spring. I had never experienced anything like that ever. In my case, my boy was not ready to go and had a message he wanted to convey to me. When the time was right, we were both at peace with it. She was with him and I until the end and I will forever be grateful for that. So 5 months later…thank you again Pam. You are a gem of all gems. I highly recommend Pam to anyone going through this.


Marilyn, Madison, WI

At 9AM, Quinn began a low, soft “woof” that continued the first few minutes, when I believe, you were contacting him—several times I noticed he “stretched out” his little body as if he were receiving a massage along with a “message” and definitely he was relaxed. At the very time of 9:30AM—I noticed—very definitely, Quinn seemed to smile at me and wag his tail profoundly while not getting all excited and out of control. He seemed to be smiling at me and saying, “It’s over Mom” and I liked it and I know better now! This was amazing for me to experience. Our big question—do you work w/people!!! The first Sunday of every month, we have guests in our home—male and female. Quinn has always been fine with the females; however, he has always been aggressive with the males who visit. This Sunday, last night, was exceptionally different and our guests commented on Quinn’s improved behavior. We shared your work and your comments with them. I definitely noticed Quinn liked my sharing your comments, as it was done with the pure intention to help other “critters” if they need help—he just got very, very loving when I brought out the printed e-mail! As if he felt my doubt (about Quinn’s privacy) and actually encouraged me to share his new found behaviors and comfort which he had received from your work! We truly have had success and are so grateful for Quinn’s improved experiences w/us. He is definitely more relaxed and even seems happier.


Katie, New York City

Pam’s work was an eye-opening and life-changing experience for me, for which I will always be grateful. Pam’s work led to nothing short of a miracle. I met Pam when my kitty, Cassandra, was diagnosed with a rare condition and wasn’t eating properly. The vet found no reason why she shouldn’t be eating due to her condition, and the condition is extremely rare, with no known cause. My cat was young and healthy otherwise. As soon as Pam communicated with Cassandra, everything started to get better. Pam told me Cassandra’s energy was excellent, and that helped calm me down, an important positive step.

In the proof category for the miracle element, my kitty’s voice had changed drastically due to a throat condition and there was no prognosis according to conventional wisdom for recovery; however, her voice is completely restored and she is back to her high soprano self. Many mysteries remain, in my life, in Cassandra’s life, in the world, but Pam helped bring me and my beloved animal to a better place. Cassandra fully recovered, despite the fact that there is no known evidence that you can recover from what she was diagnosed with. She is a completely healthy, happy, fun-loving, gorgeous kitty. I know happy endings don’t always occur the way we want but this one did in huge, real-life color, thanks significantly to Pam Sourelis and her work and insight.



Sandy, Crystal Lake, IL

Reiki has opened my eyes in so many ways. The one true story I would like to share, I had so much anger stored up inside of me that when I would talk to people the words that came out were so harsh that I would hurt their feelings and not mean to. Once I had [found my balance], I was able to release these bad feelings. With Reiki I am such an easier person to be around. I had no idea how nasty I could be. Reiki has helped me be a better person.


Shirley, Lake Bluff, IL

I have to mention an unexpected outcome of the Reiki. You mentioned that I would have received some too since I had been touching Jeffrey [her dog] during the whole session, my right hand rubbing his back and then when he laid on my feet. I didn’t really equate that to anything in particular until I realized that my left heel seems to have cleared up from the pain I was having over the last 3 months from plantar fastitis—a feeling like a bruise on the heel. Also, my right index finger that I thought was getting a bit arthritic seems to have cleared up for the most part. Both were sore for the last three months or so and I almost went to the doctor. So I must thank you for that! It really was remarkable because both things bothered me all winter, then suddenly got better after the session. And both things were what was in contact with Jeffrey. John and I would like to take some of your classes and learn more about this. Thanks for everything.


Jeanie, Omaha, NE

I’ve had a heart murmur all my life, but it did not seem to cause any problems for many years. In 2005 when I had an appendectomy, an echocardiogram was done that showed the murmur was due to a stenosed (closing up) aortic valve. Because “Life happens while you are making other plans,” I did not follow up on that as promptly as I should have, and actually forgot about it for awhile. Fast forward to 2009, and I was becoming increasingly short of breath. Just walking my dogs a half a block had me feeling like I might faint. I was getting winded just walking from a parking lot to a store or work. Because I had sort of forgotten and/or was in denial on the heart thing, I had been thinking I just was developing lung problems. As a horsewoman for many years, I have been exposed to a lot of dust and some molds, so that sort of made sense. I don’t remember exactly when the proverbial light bulb moment occurred when I realized it was my heart. I called for an appointment with a cardiologist, but even after explaining that my situation was somewhat urgent, the appointment was not until a month later. During that month, there were some times I wondered if I would survive that long. Miraculously, considering the extent of my heart problems, which were even worse than I had realized, I did make it that long.

The cardiologist was really on the ball. Within five minutes of listening to my heart and lungs, which by then had significant fluid buildup due to heart failure, she was admitting me to the hospital. It was also miraculous that a truly excellent and dedicated surgeon was willing to replace my aortic valve and repair the tricuspid one on an urgent basis. My prognosis was guarded, he told my husband before surgery, and the surgery itself was much longer than anticipated. It lasted eight hours and included aortic valve replacement and tricuspid valve repair. I did something before surgery that I recommend, and that is having a guided imagery suggestion read to me by my husband, just before they sedated me, that I was safe from harm and surgery would be successful. I also gave my husband instructions for contacting Reiki practitioner Pam Sourelis. He arranged for three post-surgery Reiki sessions for me, all of which would be done from a distance. (I’m in Nebraska; Pam is in Illinois.) [Pam’s note: The first Reiki session was scheduled for right after the surgery, but as it happened the surgery went on much longer than expected. Consequently, that first Reiki session was actually happening during the surgery—which explains why I had the strong sense that the surgeon’s hands were near. Lucky surgeon; he received Reiki while he was performing surgery. I then gave Jeanie three post-surgical Reiki treatments: one that night, one the following afternoon, and one two days later.]

I am convinced that Reiki was a major factor in a few things that totally amazed the doctors—and made me happy, too. Despite being on heart-lung bypass for eight hours, I did not appear to have any “pump brain” mental decline. More importantly, an echocardiogram done seven days post surgery showed my ejection fraction was almost normal! Considering I would not have lived more than a few months, if that, without surgery; this meets my definition of miraculous. As hospitals are very stressful places, and it is hard to get any rest in them, I strongly recommend that anyone who will be hospitalized, whether surgical or not, arrange for Reiki!


KC, Chicago

I broke my ankle in June and how it happened is a very funny story if you’re anyone but me. I broke my ankle bird-watching. Evidently the rigors of this sport are a very well-kept secret. I’m now in training so that I can resume my sport of choice safely: 1. Look up 2. Look down 3. Take a step 4. Repeat… In addition to my wounded vanity and all of the anticipated discomforts and inconveniences associated with a broken ankle, I had an unanticipated reaction that was driving me crazy. The trauma caused my sciatic nerve to jump down the entire length of my leg, creating very painful spasms. It was almost constant, preventing me from sleeping at night and concentrating during the day. Pain medication didn’t touch it. I called my friend Pam and scheduled a distance Reiki session. During the session I actually felt my sciatic nerve calm down, and those troubling symptoms never returned throughout my convalescence. The localized inflamation around the break also improved that day. Thanks Pam.


Cheryl, West Chicago, IL

One night, while going through a divorce, I was sleepless, nervous and worried. I knew I would have to work a full day the next day, and worried that I would not get enough rest. I was also hysterical and in tears over my ex-husband’s mentally abusive tactics. I called Pam, sobbing, and she suggested a distance Reiki session. She was not only able to put me fast asleep with her Reiki, but I woke up in the morning completely refreshed with a new sense of energy I hadn’t felt in a long time. In fact, at the end of the day, after extensive physical work, I felt no fatigue whatsoever and was disappointed at having to stop working. Thank you Pam, for getting me through my day!


Some mini-case studies written by me, Pam


My friend and colleague, Tom, was a beloved high school teacher. Over 50 of his students were present at his funeral, some of them participating in the service. One young woman approached the podium to read a poem. She began well enough but was quickly overcome with grief. As her voice cracked and dipped, several of the young women in attendance began to quietly cry, then several more, and several more. I could feel the grief beginning to swell and sensed that the students were on the verge of hysteria. Just one week before, I had been initiated into Level II Reiki. In this trining, I had learned the Reiki signs that allow one to do Reiki healing from distance and that assist with emotional healing. There was nothing to lose in trying. I covered my right hand with my left so as to shield what I was doing and quickly made the signs. The swell of grief pulled back. The crying stopped. The young women at the podium regained her composure, and the service continued.


D (Alias, The Foot), Chicago

On June 14, 2006, my sister Dian had surgery to remove an inflamed nerve in her foot. According to Dian, the darned thing had swollen to “the width of a pencil,” so, “It was not a minor deal.” The stitches were scheduled to come out in 10 days. Full healing—normal movement and swelling reduced enough to wear shoes—was not expected for weeks. I shared Reiki with her the evening of the surgery and again the next evening. I’d thought she’d lay around the house for a few days, recuperating. But the morning after the second session, I learned she had returned to work. I emailed her the following message: Hi! I was surprised to hear that you’re already back to work. That must mean you’re feeling good, yes?

She responded: Fab!! I actually was here yesterday too. I get soooooooo bored at home. The session last night was groovy. Really helped. They are taking the big bandage off tomorrow and I can’t wait to see what it looks like. Hopefully stitches out early next week and then I am back in business. I am already walking without a limp. If I could just get rid of this big ass womping ortho shoe I would be happy….but then I would probably start riding my bike! Thanks for your help. I will keep you posted.

A few days later, she wrote: Ok, I just have to gush some more. Today is the one week anniversary of my surgery. We are talking a long incision, 8+ staples. I will be riding my horse tomorrow (don’t tell) because my foot fits in my riding boot. UNBELIEVABLE YOU SAY? IMPOSSIBLE YOU SAY? But wait, there’s more. I am WEARING FLIP FLOPS. Never in the history of foot surgery (this is, you know, my 7th one) has there been so little swelling. So little bruising. So little pain. ha! THANKS PAM


Jeannette, Chicago

A friend, Jeannette, is a member of a community singing group that gives performances twice a year. Jeannette often sings a solo at these performances. Some years ago, she confided to me that doing the solos caused her intense anxiety. The reason was that one night many, many years before, as a fledgling actor, she had completed a performance that included a solo and while heading home was accosted and raped. The trauma of that event followed her into every subsequent solo performance. After telling me about this trauma, she requested a Reiki session. She was performing a solo the following evening and hoped that the Reiki would help alleviate her fear. It did. And the fear has not returned.


A Couple in Rural WI

Even though the couple was thrilled to finally move into the big, beautiful house they had built in rural Wisconsin, they felt that something was wrong. They couldn’t put their finger on what it was, but they felt uneasy. They were worried for their children. Even the cat prowled and growled, unable to settle in. They sent me a photograph of the house and asked if there was anything I could do. I offered to clear it with a Reiki session. As they lived too far from me for an in-person visit, they agreed that I would work from a distance, from my home.

While their house was quite pleasing to look at, it unsettled me. I decided to work with it out in the open air, wanting to be sure that the heavy energy didn’t lodge itself in my own house. Using Reiki, I cleared each room, one by one. The areas most in need of clearing were the mud room (the area between the house and the garage) and the master bedroom. There was a heavy gray presence in the bedroom, primarily in the wall that faced the front of the house. When I later reported this to the woman, she said that their bed was up against that front wall, and that neither she nor her husband had slept well since moving into the house. She also said that the cat had steadfastly refused to step foot in the mud room. The next morning, she called to tell me that she and her husband had slept better than either of them had slept in years. She said that the whole house felt lighter, and that they were no longer afraid. This was the last I heard from her but assume that the benefits extended to the family cat as well.


Great Aunt Hilda, Harvard, IL

My great aunt Hilda had been in a nursing home for quite a few years. She suffered from an auto-immune disease as well as a condition that dried out her mucous membranes: mouth, throat, nose, eyes. She was blind and in constant pain. She loved horses and used to ride as a child. One day, I brought my saddle to her room. She ran her hands over it again and again, crying and laughing. Later, when her condition worsened, I would place my Reiki hands on her head. Her pain would leave, and she would fall into a quiet sleep.


Cathy, Oak Park, IL

My friend Cathy and I had walked into the diner for lunch and were preparing to take our seats when an elderly man who had been sitting at the counter sailed through the air and slammed, head first, into the wooden frame of our booth. I was immediately kneeling next to him, coat still on, purse still slung on my shoulder. Pale and extremely agitated, he clutched his chest and cried out over and over that he had a bad heart. I asked if I could touch him. The moment I laid my hands on the top of his head, he noticeably calmed. His frightened voice became softer, and the fear left his eyes. After about a minute, he had completely relaxed.

When I asked the man what had happened, he said that the stool had broken. Indeed it had.  I saw that the metal pipe that connected the seat to the floor had snapped in two. I continued sharing my Reiki hands while we waited for the paramedics to arrive. The man told me that he lived next door in an assisted living community, that he came to the diner several times a week for lunch, that he needed to pay the check. (I told him he didn’t.) He told me again about his heart, but he said it calmly and no longer seemed worried. After a few minutes, he kindly said, “I’m better now. You don’t need to keep touching me.” But with his permission, I kept my hands where they were until the paramedics arrived. By then, the color had returned to his face, and he was sitting up (at his insistence), talking about his home, and breathing calmly.


Dian, Chicago

Dian (yep, my sister again) had slipped on a patch of ice on her back stairs and taken a bad fall. She’d landed flat on her back across two stairs-one just above the small of her back, one across her upper back. She had been in pain and unable to sleep for several days. I suggested Reiki, and she decided it was worth a try. I worked with her from a distance that evening. As I worked, I could feel a great deal of activity in her lower back, but when I spoke with her the next day, she said she was still in pain. Further, she said she hadn’t felt any changes during the session. Puzzled, I asked her if she had felt anything at all during the session. She thought a moment, then said that her right leg had twitched quite strongly throughout the session. “Why is that?” I asked. “What’s going on with your leg?” “I had varicose vein surgery on it last week,” she said. After a moment, she added, “Oh!” That night, I gave her another distance Reiki session. This time, I didn’t feel anything in my hands; nevertheless, I knew that the session  was having an effect.When I saw Dian the next day, she did a little happy dance. She said that her pain was completely gone and that she had slept through the night for the first time since her fall.


Return to Top